The Stratos™ 2700 is Honeywell’s first hybrid bioptic in-counter scanner that combines omnidirectional laser scanning and integrated area-imaging to provide a bar code reading platform optimized for the checkout experience. An ideal answer for traditional checkout lanes and self-checkout systems, the hybrid platform delivers rapid pass-through scanning of linear bar codes while simultaneously helping retailers to stay current with 2D and mobile bar code trends.
Equipped with field-upgradeable hardware modules like EAS antennas and scales, the Stratos 2700 was designed with both current and future needs in mind. Additionally, Honeywell’s LCD display supplies users with a live video feed−enabling greater in-store visibility for tasks like monitoring for under the cart items. This functionality reduces the complexity, cost and risk associated with deploying visual loss prevention systems while continuing to address a pivotal problem that is commonly held by retailers.
The Stratos 2700 is also designed for easy serviceability, employing a “single tool” architecture that minimizes the time and equipment needed for repair. Troubleshooting the device is also simplified through the availability of full text diagnostic messages that are shown on the LCD display. The display can show several messages and statuses in multiple languages. Lastly, Honeywell’s Remote MasterMind™ device management software offers added value by enabling IT professionals to manage the entirety of their bioptic install base and connected devices from a central location.
Expanding beyond what is conventionally required for bioptics, the Stratos 2700’s hybrid scanning platform and peerless feature-set position retailers for improved growth and profitability.
The Stratos 2700 hybrid bioptic in-counter scanner is an ideal fit for retailers looking to increase profitability and grow their business.
It combines omnidirectional laser scanning and integrated area imaging for a barcode reading platform that’s optimized for the checkout experience. Equipped with field-upgradeable hardware modules like EAS antennas and scales, we designed the Stratos 2700 platform with your current and future needs in mind.
In addition, Honeywell’s LCD display gives your sales associates a live video feed of in-aisle activity and lets them watch for items under a customer’s cart to be sure the products are scanned. This functionality reduces the complexity, cost and risk associated with deploying visual loss prevention systems, while continuing to address a pivotal problem that’s common to retailers.
The Stratos 2700 is also easy to service. It employs a “single tool” architecture that minimizes the time and equipment needed for repair. We’ve made troubleshooting the device easier too with full text diagnostic messages on the LCD display. The display can show several messages and status updates in multiple languages.
Expanding beyond what is conventionally required for bioptics, the Stratos 2700 hybrid scanning platform and peerless feature-set position your retail business for improved growth and profitability.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Hybrid Scanning Platform: Engineered to meet current and emerging retail trends, this hybrid solution seamlessly integrates both laser and imaging technologies for high performance scanning
• LCD Display: Live video feed enables cashiers to monitor items under the cart in an effort to reduce losses due to shrinkage which have been estimated to be greater than $2500 per lane per year
• Field-Upgradeable Hardware Modules: Expands device functionality via simple, single-tool upgrades that can be completed in less than 15 minutes
• TotalFreedom™ 2.0: Second-generation software development platform enables valuable add-on software to run directly on the scanner, eliminating the need for host system modifications. Honeywell’s TotalFreedom solutions including flexible parsing plug-ins for GS1 Databar and North American driver’s licenses
• Remote MasterMind™ Ready: Turnkey remote device management solution that manages, tracks and upgrades installed bioptic scanners and connected devices reducing total cost of ownership